Hi friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed a long weekend. For those who don’t already know, I had my 30th birthday this past Saturday on July 1st. In honor of three decades, I thought it would be fun to share some childhood photos and 30 fun facts about me.
- I am an only child
- I’m only 5’0.
- I have lived in Huntsville, AL my entire life. I’ve moved several times but no more than 20 miles away.
- I initially studied philosophy and chemistry in undergrad before figuring out what I really wanted to do. I have a BS in Acquisition & Contract Management and will be finished with my Masters at the end of this month. Hallelujah!
- I have a 4.0 GPA and am a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- I love to read and I love to learn.
- I can solve a Rubik’s Cube (even though it takes me about 4-5 minutes).
- I am very organized and I love to “tidy up”.
- I met my husband on eHarmony.
- I have two step children.
- I do not like touching door handles, newspaper, or cardboard and I will not use someone else’s pen unless I absolutely have to. I do not like to let other people use my pens.
- I am an introvert but most people don’t pick up on this because I’m good at socializing.
- I seek perfection in almost everything I do.
- I have had two tattoos removed. Make sure you *really* think it through if you decide you want a tattoo when you’re 19.
- I used to love Diet Coke but I haven’t had a carbonated drink since September 2015.
- I met Chelsea Clinton at the Space and Rocket Center when I was a kid and I (literally) ran into Nicole Kidman coming out of California Pizza Kitchen in Nashville.
- Water is my favorite drink and I usually order just an appetizer or from the kids menu. I’m a cheap date.
- I love Ketchup but it must be Heinz, never Hunts.
- I can’t whistle.
- My husband and I watch Jeopardy every night while we eat dinner.
- Every night before bed, my husband and I share one thing we are thankful for.
- In the fourth grade, I won the science fair by building a tornado.
- I’ve never had a broken bone. *knock on wood*
- The first time I went fishing I caught 26 fish.
- I have swam with dolphins and ridden a camel.
- I once tried a bite of alligator just to impress my boyfriend at the time. I guess it worked because he married me.
- I taught myself coding and had my own web design business for a few years before getting married and starting graduate school.
- I really love to nap.
- I’ve never met a cheese dip I didn’t like.
- Thanks to my Dad, I have nearly impeccable handwriting that I’ve been told looks like a font.
And now for some childhood photos!
This is me (far right) with my cousins Meredith and Corley.
I have no idea why we were so dressed up but it must have been special!
I think I was age 4 or 5 here. Look how cute I was!
I was probably two years old here. My Dad always took me to do fun things!
Probably one or two years old here. This is evidence that I have always loved lace dresses.
Apparently my mom liked to dress me like Chanel.
My Mom and I <3
This the tornado I built that won me 1st place in the 4th grade science far.
This is my mom and I when I was probably seven or eight years old.
Everyone thinks that this is a grown up photo of me with a little girl. That’s how much my mom and I look alike 🙂
I’m pretty sure this was tee-ball.
I was a Kitty Kat Twirler in elementary school.
I’m pretty sure I would get stuck if I tried to do the splits like this now.
What are some fun facts about you? Let me know in the comments!